Tuesday, March 20, 2012

19 Things I Love About (this) Spring!

1. ‘Tis the season of renewal. Winter is hard on the body, mind, and spirit. Spring offers the chance to start again… to re-awaken to your true nature. It’s like, ‘Oh yeah… I forgot how it feels to play outside in the sunshine… it feels GOOD!’


2. Dirt. Earth. Worms. Compost. YES! I love the smell, the texture, the taste (just kidding on the last one – not that there is anything wrong with eating dirt… I know that Trent has a special fondness for straight-from-the -earth garden carrots).

3. Fresh buds on trees. Nothing like it. It’s a freakin’ miracle!



4. Essential Life Series. Shameless plug I know, but check it out. It is going to be something that you WON’T want to miss! I feel humbled and blessed to be a part of such a stellar crew of co-creators!

5. Road biking. Mountain biking. Biking with Chephren. Biking. BIKING! BIKING!!!

6. On that note – playing outside. Even better, playing outside with Chephren.



7. Grass. I love the stuff.

8. Farmer’s Markets



9. The first robin of spring! This is as good as the first Canada Geese of spring… Neither are here yet, but they will be soon!

10. Nordegg – back to the bush to keep building the house! I love spending the spring/summer out there!

11. Longer days, shorter nights.



12. Campfires

13. Flip Flops (Shakakan Brent!)

14. Driving with the windows down and playing it LOUD!

15. Spring ski trip – happening next week. Given the current Avi conditions we might end up spending the whole week in the hut but WHATEVER! Yoga mat + books + journal + guitar + drum = I could stay up there for a week and not even ski and I wouldn’t even care!

16. Spring cleaning + windows open in the house… (and having a smaller house to clean than I did last year and the 5 years before that!)

17. Watching Cheph splash in the puddles (in his bright yellow rain suit and rubber boots of course!)

18. Spring flowers


19. Hay House Conference in Vancouver – headed there with my mom. Should make for a lovely weekend!

What do you love about spring?

Marebare xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Being able to feel my toes... Seriously, during the winter I'm just cold all. the. time. I forget how wonderful it is just to be warm again!

    ReplyDelete