Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Time for another poll!

Okay people, I need your help once again. The issue today is gift cards. This past holiday season, I received an abundance of them, and I am wondering what the possibilities could/should be with regards to spending them. The options that I came up with are as follows:

  1. Spend them! It wasn't my money to begin with, so what is the problem?
  2. Save them until after the 365 days are up, after all, rules are rules.
  3. Use them to buy things to give to charity.
  4. Use them to buy gifts for my friends/family (by the way dad, you can only vote ONCE for this one! - he knows that there are MEC gift cards in the mix!)

I know that you people will probably come up with more creative options - you sure did on the last poll, but these are the categories that we will be voting on for today. The poll will run until this Friday so get your votes in ASAP! And feel free to forward this link to your friends too - all votes are welcome :)

Waiting with much anticipation...

Marebear :)

5 comments:

  1. Well, Maren, I think this might be a case of looking for a "right" answer to the wrong question. We cannot control how other people choose to express their friendship. (Having created this blog, you may well influence them in the future.) My opinion is that however you choose to handle your gift cards, individually or as a whole, the universe will be positively affected by your thoughtfulness in arriving at that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I think that you are right Shirley - it really isn't black and white is it? Thank you for all of your comments so far, you are very insightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that, because you are trying to save money, use the gift cards! :) I actually really like gift cards as you are more likely to get something you actually need if you get to go pick it out. If you don't need something at the time, keep note of it on that "list" you were talking about in your last post. Use it when you need it. If there is nothing you need from that particular store, I think it is a great idea to give to charity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tess. Save the gift cards until you need something or treat yourself to something you have always "wanted", but feel guilty spending the money on it. I have a long list in this regard...
    Keep up the good decisions!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Results:

    Spend them! 11 (45%)

    Save them - rules are rules. 3 (12%)

    Spend them but donate items to charity. 3 (12%)

    Spend them on friends/family. 7 (29

    ReplyDelete