Sunday, February 14, 2010

Distracted, and yet motivated...

Okay, I admit it.  I am the world's biggest Olympics Junkie.  The Olymipcs start (no matter which season), and I completely tune out to the world around me... I just can't help myself.  Yesterday was Jenn Heil's race, a childhood and family friend of mine.  It was such an emotional day, I couldn't even bring myself to write, so just IMAGINE how Jenn was feeling!?  She is such a hero, there are no words to describe her...  Then, tonight, Alex Bilodeau lights it up and wins gold!  It was just incredible!  Those two athletes, among others (speed skater Kristina Groves for example), almost make me completely forget about the project that I am engaged in... like I said, JUNKIE!  Given that we don't have satellite or cable tv, it certainly helps my case that I am fortunate enough to watch the Olympics for FREE on CTV!!!!  What a sweet set-up!  Canada is just the BEST, and I am so pumped to be able to be a part of these games!

Now, despite the fact that I am a 'proud' junkie, I am still aware of this challenge in which I am engaged in.  In fact, I am perhaps more engaged in it than ever.  Today, my family and I went on our regular weekend run of errands and visited Costco and my grandma in Edmonton.  While I am a huge advocate for visiting Grandma at this point (she is Chephren's Great-Grandma by the way), the rest of the trip left me in a state of 'underwhelment'.  (I am pretty sure that is not a word).  What I am trying to say is that in the roughly 4 weeks since I have started this challenge, shopping (of any kind), has lost its shimmer for me.  I find myself in those stores, counting the minutes until we can leave.  It is certainly an unusual feeling, and I mentioned to my mom tonight that maybe we could change our weekend activity to include something a lot more active and fun, especially for Chephren's sake.  I guess we'll see what becomes of that request...

Is it possible that I have lost the will to shop???  Maybe... and at the same time I hope so!  Truly, I guess only time will tell, but for now, I would much rather watch Canada compete in the Olympic Games then shop for ridiculous consumer goods... a step in the right direction, I think.

All the best to Canadian Athletes!  Go Canada Go!!!!

Marebare :)

No comments:

Post a Comment